Friday, June 5, 2020

Until we meet again...

At long last, we have arrived at the end of this ridiculous school year.

What a ride.

I appreciate you folks so much - you had patience with me and all your teachers as we improvised lessons for the last several weeks. In a way, we were driving blind, and all of you were passengers as we did. As I was trying to continue to give you a meaningful education, the work piled up (for us both), but we got the job done.

And here we are.

So, if you have anything to say, I'd love to hear it. Criticisms of my teaching? Bring it. Suggestions for next year? I'd LOVE to hear them. Thoughts on cyber school in general? Please share. Plans for the summer? Do tell. Real world observations on protests and the breathtaking events of the last couple weeks? Get as real as you want - we are living history, after all.

Obviously, you are not REQUIRED to write anything, but if you decide to, just know that I will read it and email you back with my thoughts. When we are under stay-at-home orders, or quarantine, or lockdown, or in isolation, or whatever you call it, we lose essential interaction with others, and that takes a toll. My favorite part of teaching is the time I spend with you in the classroom, and that just went away. (My least favorite part can be grading, and that probably quadrupled!) So if you want to reach out and connect again, I'm up for it. I'm not sure what the summer holds, and I CERTAINLY don't know what next school year will look like. But we will get through this.

Speaking from the heart, I absolutely have to say this: THANK YOU. Thank you, and take care of yourselves and each other, until we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Until we meet again...

At long last, we have arrived at the end of this ridiculous school year. What a ride. I appreciate you folks so much - you had patience ...