Thursday, May 7, 2020

Rome, Rome, Rome, Rome...

If we were still "IN school," today would be the day that I would have introduced myself as your guest lecturer, the famed rapper and historian Chi Cago. I  would cue up my megahit Rome, sing along to the lyrics up on the screen, and watch your faces as you stared in amazement and/or embarrassment. In past years, reactions have ranged from a group "What is happening...?!?" to a standing ovation. But I always enjoyed doing it, because, well, it was fun to make. A few hours writing lyrics, a few hours recording in my basement on GarageBand, and the rest is History (class). Today you get to hear it and follow along with the lyrics, even if I can't see your faces. Let it rain...

Music: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9UU_awE1hVjenpXb014V3NwcGc/view?usp=sharing

Lyrics: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QZxCUC4fHzXg68ZNsLpSV0iDbPlaiPihSnhzXbykjIE/edit?usp=sharing

Tonight's assignment: write your reaction to Rome, by Chi Cago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Until we meet again...

At long last, we have arrived at the end of this ridiculous school year. What a ride. I appreciate you folks so much - you had patience ...